Latest Discussions : Plumbing


10:55AM | 02/12/05
Member Since: 02/11/05
1 lifetime posts
I have had a couple of leaks with this plumbing. So far nothing major. Should I replace all the piping or just the fittings and elbos? Can I use glue with this grey pipe? Everything is is compression or crimp rings. The house was built in 87, I dont think I meet requirements for replacement. The 3/4 main pipe # is pb 2110. I think this falls under EXCLUDED. Thanks for your help. Chris


03:31PM | 02/13/05
PB pipe is sensitive to the high levels of chlorine in some water. In my area we did not have trouble with the pipe only the plastic fittings with aluminum crimp rings. In these systems we replaced the fittings with copper or brass fittings and brass crimp rings. I am not aware of a glue chemical to make PB connections.


03:37AM | 04/09/05
Member Since: 04/08/05
3 lifetime posts
i know that no glue works on the qwest line- or grey pipe. that only works on pvc pipes. what my problem is finding the fittings to fit 2 different sizes!

basically- where the faucet starts its one size- the pipe which has the compression fitting on one end will fit to the faucet, but it wont fit onto the other end of the water pipe line.

guess this is typical for older model trailers, but surely theres a product out there that i just havent come across yet!


08:12AM | 04/09/05
Member Since: 04/01/05
47 lifetime posts
Find a plumbing distributor that sell the Ancor line of faucet connectors. They make a valve with a faucet supply tube attached to it. This will fit qest, pex, copper or cpvc by just pushing it over the tube. The other end will tighten up to the faucet. You can get these to fit a 3/8 od supply coming off a single handle or with a nut to fit the 1/2 inch threaded faucet shank.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button