Latest Discussions : Plumbing


01:18PM | 02/15/06
Member Since: 02/14/06
1 lifetime posts

I noticed water coming out of the floor on the first floor when using the 2nd floor bathroom fixtures. We noticed the 4" DWV stack to be the source, and upon removing the wall, saw a large crack the iron DWV pipe. The house is 95 years old, so I think it's original.

I have to replace the moldy plaster/drywall/wood paneling, but I'm calling a plumber and want to understand what I need to do and what can be done about the crack. The fitting at the top of the section of pipe that is cracked is visible, but the pipe continues down to the basement. It's in the corner and I can't see the fitting at the basement.

How much am I looking at and what can be done? There is already 1 patch in this section of pipe probably done 25 years ago.



please also respond to

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button