Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


10:30AM | 05/04/00
Member Since: 03/13/00
1674 lifetime posts
I want to replace 7 lights, all on one circuit, in my house. I have found a light I like that uses a 3-inch cylinder-shaped halogen light bulb. Trouble is, I can't find that style bulb in under 100 watts and I want to use a standard 600-watt max dimmer. Can anyone suggest where to get 50 or 75-watt halogen bulbs in that style? (I have found lower wattage halogens in other shapes - just not 3" in barrel). It's not practical for me to go to another style dimmer because the existing dimmer is "beside" 3 other switches, under the same wall plate.
The other option is a standard size/shape dimmer of higher capacity. Can't find that either. Suggestions?

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button