Latest Discussions : Miscellaneous


09:35AM | 03/29/99
On a recent program (March 26 I think) a product refered to as "plaster buttons by Bob Vila was used to repair a plaster wall in Bob's Shingle House. These plaster buttons are essentially drywall screws with an attached washer. The washer has holes it so that the spackling compound will adhere to the washer. The plaster buttons are used when the plaster has separated from the wood lathe behind it and the buttons help securte the plaster back onto the lathe. I have searched every building supply outlet in Delaware & Eastern Pennsylvania and cannot find this item. In fact no one even knows what I'm talking about. Does anyone know of a supplier somewhere on the eastern seaboard?


06:16PM | 04/04/99
I was curious about the plaster buttons in your post. I went to and saw under plaster repair, on stabilizing pulled plaster, about drywall screw that have a 1 inch washer that would accept drywall compound but they never said what they were or where to get them. I think these is what you are posting about. Out of curiousity, I will continue my search. I have never seen them in hardware stores.


06:11AM | 04/07/99
To JoeC and Bink
I've seen, ordered and used those plaster "buttons" you are looking for. You can order them from Charles St. Supply in Mass. I don't have there number handy but they are listed in the yellow pages. They are actually perforated washers that flatten out when screwed in the wall. I have nothing but plaster in my house at 100+ years old and these have been a godsend. Good luck!


03:10PM | 04/07/99
Thank for the response. I might be able to use them.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button