Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


01:00AM | 11/07/03
Member Since: 11/06/03
1 lifetime posts
I have put up wainscotting and now have recessed outlets. Is there a way to bring the recepticales out to be flush with the new wall coverings without opening the wall back up and remounting new outlets? Some of the outlets are more than a 1/4 inch recessed.

Tom O

02:26AM | 11/07/03
Member Since: 09/17/02
476 lifetime posts
What you need are called "switch box extensions" or "box liners" & probably a few other nicknames. Just about every manufacturer that makes boxes, makes this item. You will probably need to go to an electrical wholesale house to get them.


01:56AM | 11/18/03
Member Since: 07/20/03
17 lifetime posts
The big home improvement stores often carry them. I had to buy some and found them there.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button