My wife and I bought a house built ca.1910 and have been living here appr. 3years. I've been doing some DIY projects to make the place more livable as well as add value. The problems I face are:
1.ALL utilities have been added on (water, gas, electric, screw in fuses). Even the phone guy said he'd only seen connectors like these in books, and he'd been on the job over thirty years.
2. We have just started a family (1 daughter), and can't afford to upgrade to circuit breakers, or hire a professional for anything. "It's just me, Baby!"
3. I'm doing ALL the work myself (painting, new kitchen-sink,cabinets,floors,etc.)
4. I'm wiring the garage for receptacles and lights. It has never had any electric installed. So I've got the receptacles mounted and wired, just not connected.
5. I need to get this 30 amp box wiredup in the garage and then wire it into the main fuse box in the basement (already ran the wire, only lacking connections).
As I said, hiring someone is out of the question. So, I need someone to kind of "guide" me through it. I'm capable, confident, just need some help with a diagram to make sure I will install everything correctly.
P.S. Please tell me what a knob and tube is?
Get Help from Bob Vila
- Give-Aways & Offers
- Monthly Must Do's
- DIY Project Ideas
- Step-by-Step Guides
- Inspirational Photo Galleries