I went to plug in a vcr to a wall outlet and there was a popping sound and now there's some black markings on the face plate.
What is this called? Blowing a fuse? Please advise what occurred.
I won't be using that outlet anymore.
Until I have this looked at, is there any risk in using the outlet that sits right above it and so far seems okay? Please advise what risks are involved until I can get it looked at next week? Thanks!
i'm no electrician, but it sounds like that outlet has partialy shorted out and the black marks are the result. if it were me, i'd find the fuse/breaker for that outlet and turn off the power. if it is shorted, it could possibly cause a fire. [may sound drastic, but better safe then sorry]
Electrical Outlet BLEW and now it's BLACK on outside
Need new light cover for Midwest Challenger Opener C...
Pull down faucet detaches
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects