I live in a older modular mobile home. Last year we had a critter chew through the electrical wiring near our fuse box, and it caused a short. They repaired the short, since then every time it rains, we have to hit the reset button on the GFCI in order to have power to both bathrooms. Last night, we had lost power to both bathrooms again! But the reset button didn't work, and we haven't had any rain. Please help!!!
Your GFI is most likely shot, but you have a ground fault somewhere between the GFI and the items that shut down when the GFI trips. Maybe the critters chewed other areas too. Must be located somewhere that rain can get to. A GFI will trip if the wiring is wet downline. Do you possibly have an outdoor receptacle on that same GFI that is getting wet when it rains? Check the gaskets on any outdoor receptacles. Good luck.