Latest Discussions : Electrical & Lighting


05:09PM | 07/06/07
Member Since: 07/05/07
1 lifetime posts
I need to run a low voltage wire from my indoor unit to my outdoor unit - aprox 50 feet. can i go to the store and buy this amount of 18 gage or do i need something specific - help!


12:15AM | 07/08/07
Member Since: 01/09/07
199 lifetime posts
For us to be able to "Help!", you need to tell us more information.

What are these 'units' you refer to?

What voltage are they?

How many amps or watts do they take?

Tom O

04:18AM | 07/08/07
Member Since: 09/17/02
476 lifetime posts
If the AC unit you're referring to is the condensor part of your central air conditioner, then you will need a low voltage cable that is marked CL2, CL3, CL2X or CL3X.

Type CL2 is the one that should be readily available at the home center. Usually, you just have to ask for doorbell wire or themostat wire, but in any case, check the marking on the cable to be sure you're getting the correct cable.

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button