Latest Discussions : Painting


07:07PM | 01/10/99
want to fix a hole in plastered wall about the size of a basketball. What materials do i need? Any help would be appreciated. Thank You

Thomas M

09:14PM | 01/10/99
Hi 09ti

what I would do is snap a rectangle slightly larger than the damaged area,then screw a few plaster washers just outside your lines(to prevent damage to your good plaster when you cut along your lines).Score your lines w/utility knife and then cold chisel the damaged plaster out.Then,along the edges shim out strips of 1/4 ply wood and fasten to accomadate a drywall patch,then fasten your drywall to your plywood strips and tape it.Have fun!


09:25AM | 01/20/99
What's the reason for the plywood?

If you want to patch a hole in plaster the best way to do it is to use drywall, or Blue Board, and plaster over that.

If you use drywall you will need to paint some PVA over it first so it will adhere.

Brian Ewing
Ornamental Plaster Resources

Post a reply as Anonymous

Photo must be in JPG, GIF or PNG format and less than 5MB.

Reply choose button


Post new button or Login button