Hardy Plank or Vinyl Siding?
You should note that Hardie does need to be painted and that Hardie will not warrant its siding for paint, even if they apply it in their own factory.
I agree with the previous poster concerning the trim issues involved with applying any siding over your existing clapboard.
[This message has been edited by homebild (edited February 16, 2003).]
The best product I have found on the market is Charter Oak from Alside, however you will need to have a pro install it as it is not avail. to home owners.
Can purchase at most home hardware stores.
Go with HARDI PLANK and at least you can change the color of your house and have a new fresh look.
Germaine K. | Advanced Home Exteriors
- 7 Types of Homeowners Who Can Benefit from a Backyard Shed
- 50 Products for Quick Fixes Around the House
- How To: Keep Cool When You're Working Outside
- 21 Money-Saving Tricks Every Homeowner Needs to Know
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 19 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects