We would like to install ceramic tile in our kitchen.
1) Currently we have a 3/4" plywood subfloor and a 1/4" wood board (appears to be plywood not particle board) on top of the subfloor. Our tiled bathroom floor seems to have the same base, which was installed by the builder. On top of the base in our kitchen is a linoleum floor.
2) Our dishwasher has about 1/2" space on the leveler and if the leveler was completely removed would provide approx. 3/4".
3) Tile selected at this point is approx. 3/8" thick with a rating of 4.
1) What options do we have for installing a tile floor, i.e., over the linoleum floor, etc.? What is the best option?
2) Is removing the levelers a viable option? Levelers seem to be at different heights.
3) Should we remove the cabinet kick plates (not sure if this is the proper terminology)before installing the tile and cut them to size after the tile is installed?
4) Should we remove the floor moulding completely before doing the floor?
When I first looked at the dishwasher I panicked thinking there is no way we could install a floor and be able to remove the diswasher, but after reading messages posted I saw that it could be done but may not be easy.
I appreciate any assistance that can be provided.