The house we bought has pink fiberglass insulation on the ground under the front deck. All the area under the deck seems to have a layer of pink insulation lying right on the open ground. Some of it's even buried under a light layer of dirt. This is a deck that's about 2 feet or so off the ground, with open spaces of 1/2 between the slats of the deck. The underside of the deck's not insulated; the insulation is lying on the ground.
Any reason why someone would do that? We're in Vermont, in case climate comes into it. It seems to have been there for a long while? Does it keep animals or wasps or something from digging holes or nesting under the deck?
I started to crawl under there and dig it out, but there's not a lot of space, there are some nails down in the dirt, and there's mold (I guess) on the fiberglass I pulled up that messed with allergies and made it hard to breathe.
So, what's up with this?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?