Hello. We are building a 1.5 car garage (14' wide). The house has a hip roof with a pitch of 3.5/12. The garage company specified a hip roof for the garage with a pitch of 4/12. Would the difference in pitch be noticeable visually, or should we specify the same pitch that the house has -- 3.5/12? Both house and garage are one story. The front of the garage measures 14' wide and is 26' long. The house measures 25' wide in front and is 40' long. The garage door will be facing the street and set back from the front of the house about 8', and there will be a 6' walkway between house and garage.
Would it be better to have the same pitch, or is the difference small enough not to be noticeable?
Thanks for any help. We would really appreciate hearing from someone.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Min. Roof Pitch With Skylights
Grading . . . Is this something I can do on my own?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- World's Most Amazing Slip 'N Slide
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 11 Big Ideas for Small Kitchens
- 47 Industrial Kitchens
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in a Day
- Easy DIY Fixes for 11 Annoying House Problems
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Make Good Use of Old Junk: 14 Creative Ideas
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- 10 Smart Solutions for Small Bedrooms
- 5 DIY Porch Swings Perfect for Summer
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps