Hello. We are building a 1.5 car garage (14' wide). The house has a hip roof with a pitch of 3.5/12. The garage company specified a hip roof for the garage with a pitch of 4/12. Would the difference in pitch be noticeable visually, or should we specify the same pitch that the house has -- 3.5/12? Both house and garage are one story. The front of the garage measures 14' wide and is 26' long. The house measures 25' wide in front and is 40' long. The garage door will be facing the street and set back from the front of the house about 8', and there will be a 6' walkway between house and garage.
Would it be better to have the same pitch, or is the difference small enough not to be noticeable?
Thanks for any help. We would really appreciate hearing from someone.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Min. Roof Pitch With Skylights
Grading . . . Is this something I can do on my own?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!