Hello. We are building a 1.5 car garage (14' wide). The house has a hip roof with a pitch of 3.5/12. The garage company specified a hip roof for the garage with a pitch of 4/12. Would the difference in pitch be noticeable visually, or should we specify the same pitch that the house has -- 3.5/12? Both house and garage are one story. The front of the garage measures 14' wide and is 26' long. The house measures 25' wide in front and is 40' long. The garage door will be facing the street and set back from the front of the house about 8', and there will be a 6' walkway between house and garage.
Would it be better to have the same pitch, or is the difference small enough not to be noticeable?
Thanks for any help. We would really appreciate hearing from someone.
Is standing water in pipes from downspout to curb okay?
Min. Roof Pitch With Skylights
Grading . . . Is this something I can do on my own?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Design a Rustic Bathroom: 10 Inspirations
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 9 Budget Ways to Revive Your Porch
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Make Your Small Bathroom Feel BIG
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 10 Smart New Uses for Old Tires
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Design a Better Bedroom: 9 Strategies
- 21 Paint Colors That Never Fail
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 9 Easy-to-Make Garden Luminaries
- Would You Live in a Floating Home?