I am re-doing my basment and moving the heat duct work from the ceiling to down the wall cavity and out at the floor. Can I use rolled craft face insulation around the heat pipes?
I assume you have a forced air furnace. In that case go ahead. The air is not hot enough to do any damage, plus it does help eliminate heat dissipation.
I would ask why you want to do this. I left my vent in the ceiling and my basement is as warm as the rest of the house.
The reason I want to do this is because as of now the heat remains on the ceiling. The room is not as comfortablew as the upstairs. I beleive that as the heat rises I will make better use of the warmth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects