I am re-doing my basment and moving the heat duct work from the ceiling to down the wall cavity and out at the floor. Can I use rolled craft face insulation around the heat pipes?
I assume you have a forced air furnace. In that case go ahead. The air is not hot enough to do any damage, plus it does help eliminate heat dissipation.
I would ask why you want to do this. I left my vent in the ceiling and my basement is as warm as the rest of the house.
The reason I want to do this is because as of now the heat remains on the ceiling. The room is not as comfortablew as the upstairs. I beleive that as the heat rises I will make better use of the warmth.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING