I am re-doing my basment and moving the heat duct work from the ceiling to down the wall cavity and out at the floor. Can I use rolled craft face insulation around the heat pipes?
I assume you have a forced air furnace. In that case go ahead. The air is not hot enough to do any damage, plus it does help eliminate heat dissipation.
I would ask why you want to do this. I left my vent in the ceiling and my basement is as warm as the rest of the house.
The reason I want to do this is because as of now the heat remains on the ceiling. The room is not as comfortablew as the upstairs. I beleive that as the heat rises I will make better use of the warmth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips