I am re-doing my basment and moving the heat duct work from the ceiling to down the wall cavity and out at the floor. Can I use rolled craft face insulation around the heat pipes?
I assume you have a forced air furnace. In that case go ahead. The air is not hot enough to do any damage, plus it does help eliminate heat dissipation.
I would ask why you want to do this. I left my vent in the ceiling and my basement is as warm as the rest of the house.
The reason I want to do this is because as of now the heat remains on the ceiling. The room is not as comfortablew as the upstairs. I beleive that as the heat rises I will make better use of the warmth.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love