I am planning on finishing my basement which will include a 3/4 bath. My house is less than 2 years old and is roughed in with shower, toilet, and sink drains.
There is another PVC pipe nearby that I think is the vent for the toilet and shower. It is a 2" verticle pipe that sticks up just above the floor. It has a flange on it and has a cap scrwed into it.
However, it is located right next to the incoming main waterline (about were I would expect a cleanout access to be).
I do have two main waste drain lines (one on each side of the house) that go into the basement floor. Each of these drain lines have a Tee in it by the floor with a cap on the Tee. Are these the cleanouts than?
Any ideas on what it is or how to verify if it is a vent for the shower/toilet. Could it be designed as a wet vent?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING