I'm going to moving into a neighborhood where home security is very questionable.
I have made sure that my doors are secure, but what kinds of security features are available for windows?
I'm going to have some valuable un-replaceable property in my apartment, which is the second floor of a two story house, so my inquiry is of a critical nature.
Hope you can reply soon!
You could cut dow rods (the size of broom sticks) to fit, make them long enough to go from one side of the top of the window that opens up to the opposite corner. They also have window clamps that clamp to the track of the window that prevents opening, you will find those at the larger hardware stores. At our store we had an alarm that would sound at the sound of breaking glass, you would look in the yellow pages for an alarm company for that.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love