I'm going to moving into a neighborhood where home security is very questionable.
I have made sure that my doors are secure, but what kinds of security features are available for windows?
I'm going to have some valuable un-replaceable property in my apartment, which is the second floor of a two story house, so my inquiry is of a critical nature.
Hope you can reply soon!
You could cut dow rods (the size of broom sticks) to fit, make them long enough to go from one side of the top of the window that opens up to the opposite corner. They also have window clamps that clamp to the track of the window that prevents opening, you will find those at the larger hardware stores. At our store we had an alarm that would sound at the sound of breaking glass, you would look in the yellow pages for an alarm company for that.
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING