I'm going to moving into a neighborhood where home security is very questionable.
I have made sure that my doors are secure, but what kinds of security features are available for windows?
I'm going to have some valuable un-replaceable property in my apartment, which is the second floor of a two story house, so my inquiry is of a critical nature.
Hope you can reply soon!
You could cut dow rods (the size of broom sticks) to fit, make them long enough to go from one side of the top of the window that opens up to the opposite corner. They also have window clamps that clamp to the track of the window that prevents opening, you will find those at the larger hardware stores. At our store we had an alarm that would sound at the sound of breaking glass, you would look in the yellow pages for an alarm company for that.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Clever Uses for the Space Under the Stairs
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- House Quiz: Test Your Knowledge of U.S. Architecture
- 10 Things You Can Build with Plumbing Pipes
- Sweet Dreams: 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- 18 Clever and Easy DIY Ways to Use Rope at Home
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 9 No-Sew Fabric DIY Projects to Dress Up Any Room
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight