Caradco was bought by Jeldwen. We have a house that is about 19 years old. Our Caradco windows started giving us trouble about 4 or 5 years ago. Mainly condensation between the panes and the wood (which is on the interior) started rotting.
It is winter in Indiana where I recently bought a house with Crestline windows. The windows leak cold air everywhere and if you cover them tightly water runs down the walls under the windows. They are the pits. I have lived in an old farm house with wood single pane windows that were far better than Crestline. What I have not figured out is why the company has not been put out of business? I would be ashamed to work for or to sell their products. It is a sad situation that our government does not do more to protect consumers and that our "business people" are so dishonest and greedy.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects Anyone Can Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 9 "Killer" Ways to Eliminate Weeds
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- Designers Reveal Today's Top 10 Bath Remodeling Trends
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight