We are currently renovating our first home and have basically gutted it - all trim, doors, and floors have been removed. We are about to install our new flooring which is a cork click ' n lock panel floating floor system but want to know if we need to reinstall the doors before doing so or should we install the doors after the flooring goes in? From what we have read, it sounds like we are supposed to undercut the door jamb and slide the flooring underneath but that is with the door installed already. Two main concerns are scratching of the floor and the correct placement of the transitions between the bedrooms and hallway if we install the doors after the floor.
Any advice is appreciated.
lolli & Tim
Finish floors or Paint first?
Insulating Crawl Space Between Floors
what project to do first , inside or outside ones?
Cutting vinyl siding to fit new french door?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps