We are currently renovating our first home and have basically gutted it - all trim, doors, and floors have been removed. We are about to install our new flooring which is a cork click ' n lock panel floating floor system but want to know if we need to reinstall the doors before doing so or should we install the doors after the flooring goes in? From what we have read, it sounds like we are supposed to undercut the door jamb and slide the flooring underneath but that is with the door installed already. Two main concerns are scratching of the floor and the correct placement of the transitions between the bedrooms and hallway if we install the doors after the floor.
Any advice is appreciated.
lolli & Tim
Finish floors or Paint first?
Insulating Crawl Space Between Floors
what project to do first , inside or outside ones?
Cutting vinyl siding to fit new french door?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes