We are currently renovating our first home and have basically gutted it - all trim, doors, and floors have been removed. We are about to install our new flooring which is a cork click ' n lock panel floating floor system but want to know if we need to reinstall the doors before doing so or should we install the doors after the flooring goes in? From what we have read, it sounds like we are supposed to undercut the door jamb and slide the flooring underneath but that is with the door installed already. Two main concerns are scratching of the floor and the correct placement of the transitions between the bedrooms and hallway if we install the doors after the floor.
Any advice is appreciated.
lolli & Tim
Finish floors or Paint first?
Insulating Crawl Space Between Floors
what project to do first , inside or outside ones?
Cutting vinyl siding to fit new french door?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!