I am assuming they are weep holes... I have about 4 on each wall, maybe a quarter in diameter and when it pours water comes gushing in! Around the whole basement floor there is a small trench, the water stays in the trench but the moisture causes some damage/mold even with a dehumidifier running. We live in a townhome, and the maintenance guy is a joke. So I won't even bother asking him if this is normal.
Is water entering through these holes normal? Or should I contact someone to come and fix the problem?
Thank you.... I think at this point I will have to deal with it since I am only renting. The water seems to leave the trench around the floor pad within a hour, just remaining moist. I am waiting for the day the water overflows! NY weather is so unpredictable.. Good thing renters insurance covers water damage!
Exposed to mold give me a shout as I am an expert witness and know a lot of law firms ..NYC is the place to be if your suing as we have the best democrap politicians that money can buy. Degenerates of all types and sizes and SIZE does make a difference as guess Weiner man is out in front with a LEZ showing her behind
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!