My husband and I just had installed a fiberglass entry door purchased from a big home improvement chain. Now, neither of us had ever shopped for this type of item before and had no idea what to look for or to ask for.
When we priced out the door with the salesperson, we clearly stated on several occassions that we wanted the fiberglass door that you can stain to look like wood. The individual who worked up the sale was having lots of trouble with the computer system. Evidentally, we are now paying the price for our ignorance because they installed a smooth-finish door. Forgive me if I couldn't tell that the item on the quote that reads: "Product: Smooth" meant I can't stain it now.
So my question is: Is there any way to apply a fake wood grain to this door? I have seen on the internet articles for applying gel stain with a wood-graining tool to metal doors. Can this same technique be applied to a fiberglass door?
Thanks, in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips