My husband and I just had installed a fiberglass entry door purchased from a big home improvement chain. Now, neither of us had ever shopped for this type of item before and had no idea what to look for or to ask for.
When we priced out the door with the salesperson, we clearly stated on several occassions that we wanted the fiberglass door that you can stain to look like wood. The individual who worked up the sale was having lots of trouble with the computer system. Evidentally, we are now paying the price for our ignorance because they installed a smooth-finish door. Forgive me if I couldn't tell that the item on the quote that reads: "Product: Smooth" meant I can't stain it now.
So my question is: Is there any way to apply a fake wood grain to this door? I have seen on the internet articles for applying gel stain with a wood-graining tool to metal doors. Can this same technique be applied to a fiberglass door?
Thanks, in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!