My husband and I just had installed a fiberglass entry door purchased from a big home improvement chain. Now, neither of us had ever shopped for this type of item before and had no idea what to look for or to ask for.
When we priced out the door with the salesperson, we clearly stated on several occassions that we wanted the fiberglass door that you can stain to look like wood. The individual who worked up the sale was having lots of trouble with the computer system. Evidentally, we are now paying the price for our ignorance because they installed a smooth-finish door. Forgive me if I couldn't tell that the item on the quote that reads: "Product: Smooth" meant I can't stain it now.
So my question is: Is there any way to apply a fake wood grain to this door? I have seen on the internet articles for applying gel stain with a wood-graining tool to metal doors. Can this same technique be applied to a fiberglass door?
Thanks, in advance,
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight