I am a consumer protection attorney working in Washington, DC and Maryland. My firm is investigating Mastercraft. It would be helpful to our investigation if we could speak to anyone who has the doors installed in their home or business. If you are willing to have a brief conversation, I can be reached at (202) 789-3960 or by e-mail at email@example.com. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
I am finishing my basement and decided to use the Mastercraft doors at Menards as I had bought most of my supplies at our local store. DON'T waste your money on these doors! First off their "engineered" frames are particle board with some kind of plastic shrink wrap on them that virtually no paint will stick to, it just peels off. Second, the hinges are not mortised correctly and most of the hinges won't fit in their mortis. Overall quality is poor. If I had the time and money I would replace them.
I purchased the Mastercraft interior prehung 6 panel molded doors and will agree they are garbage. The frames are particle board covered in plastic that they say is paintable (Have not tried yet) and the hinges do not line up. If you have never hung a door before these would discourage you from ever trying again. I will never purchase a Mastercraft door ever again.
I bought some Mastercraft french doors from menards it's true menards won't back up the doors they say you have to fill out this paper and send it to manufacture the seals on the the Glass panels are leaking moisture in between the glass the seals have blown, also the doors are not made square there just thrown together there outer trim molding is made in pieces and falls apart they are really junk doors I'll never buy them again
Cold climates because wood is not a good insulator and wood can also warp and also requires yearly, as well it should be the lighter and inner way to control the windows part.
Not yet but still not able to work, finally mechanic will resolve the problem regarding mastercraft doors.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!