I am a window and door buyer in arkansas and just happened to be thinking about skylights and i know that velux offers either tempered glass on the inner pane or laminated glass on it. why does the building code not require laminated glass on all skylights? My thinking is that anything overhead and has the possibilty of breaking due to hail storm, tree limbs breaking in a storm, or snow or ice build up, etc. i know skylights are normally installed on a angle but these problems could still occur. Wouldn't everyone think it would be better to make laminated glass standard code in skylights. could be a dangerous situation if a broken skylight glass fell on someone's head.
just my opinion.
BUYER - WINDOWS AND DOORS
VILLAGE HOME CENTER / dba COOPER BUILDING MATERIALS
4650 HIGHWAY 7 NORTH
HOT SPRINGS VILLAGE, AR 71909
Here's a link to a FREE photo plan for adding louver...
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!