I purchased pre-formed laminate countertops for our kitchen and am about ready to begin installation. The only area I'm unsure of is the right method for cutting. The 45's are all pre-cut. I need to cut out for the sink and cut off the end length. What would be the best tools and methods for making these cuts? Thanks in advance.
Dave, to cut the countertop you'll need to use a jigsaw.For your end cuts,clamp a straitedge to the countertop and cut it to length w/the jigsaw.You can smooth the cut w/a belt sander.To cutout for your sink,flip the countertop upside down,position the sink and trace an outline..remove the sink and draw a cutting line according to manufacturers recommendations or use their template to draw your cutting line inside your outline.Drill a pilot just inside your cutting line and jigsaw away man!!Oh,and be sure to support the bottom of the cut piece so it doesn't fall through.Have fun!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!