cantilevered walls over foundation
No, on the 'surface', it won't work. HOWEVER, it may be fine if the load is elsewhere. The best thing to do is check w/the builder. Beyond that, ctc your local Inspector for info. There are too many variables to know what's going on here.
OR, you can hire a New Home, Home Inspector. Yes, that's right. Just as you'd pay for one when you want an inspection of an existing home (before you buy), you can hire an Inspector to monitor various key 'stages' of a NEW home.
Visit ASHI.com for how to find and choose a Home Inspector. After that, negotiate the stages and fee w/them. Be SURE the Inspector you hire 1) has credentials in the Trades, and 2) the one you hire is the one that DOES the inspections. You don't want a 'former basketweaver' to be your Inspector! This, IMO, is $$$ well spent. (The same goes for having a Real Estate Attorney during this process too.)
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes