I just bought a home & the contractors who painted the home before I moved in did not protect anything from paint as a result the edges of my deck are now the lovely color of my house.
The deck appears never to have been stained or weather proofed. I was considering painting the deck & then applying a seal but I'm not sure if that would be the best option. Can anyone offer suggestions?
The best choice would be an acrylic soild hide stain designed for decks and the Flood Company makes a good one. You don't want to use an oil based porch and floor paint as the moisture coming up through the wood will cause it to peel. Also don't seal over what ever you put on the deck as this not work as the sealers are designed to put onto wood and not a painted and sealed surface and if it ever dries it will peel off.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!