I just bought a home & the contractors who painted the home before I moved in did not protect anything from paint as a result the edges of my deck are now the lovely color of my house.
The deck appears never to have been stained or weather proofed. I was considering painting the deck & then applying a seal but I'm not sure if that would be the best option. Can anyone offer suggestions?
The best choice would be an acrylic soild hide stain designed for decks and the Flood Company makes a good one. You don't want to use an oil based porch and floor paint as the moisture coming up through the wood will cause it to peel. Also don't seal over what ever you put on the deck as this not work as the sealers are designed to put onto wood and not a painted and sealed surface and if it ever dries it will peel off.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects