What tool to do this?
a lathe but have drillpress and must be perfectly round so can't use a chisel or Dremel tool . thanks
marks on the ends of your dowels. Of course,
there is always some danger in working with
power tools, so I accept no liability for
your interpretation or use of this idea. It
would be a lot easier to explain if I could
draw a picture.
Take a piece of steel strap about 1/8" thick
and large enough that you can bolt it down
with a portion of it covering the center
hole of the drill press. Bolt it down, and
drill a hole thru it of the size you want
the final pieces to be. Then use jeweler's
files to cut two or more notches inside the
hole, like circular saw teeth, only inside
out. They have to be angled to cut the wood
as the drill press advances it into the hole.
Then chuck up a piece of the wood, and run
it into the hole with the teeth in it. You
need to be able to get it at least half way
down, then turn it around in the chuck, and
do the other half.
What saw to use when shortening wooden table legs?
Attaching baseboard to metal studs
Cutting Think Pipe - What Tool?
Cutting concrete walls...what to use??
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Junk Mail
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- How to Make Concrete Letters
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps