What tool to do this?
a lathe but have drillpress and must be perfectly round so can't use a chisel or Dremel tool . thanks
marks on the ends of your dowels. Of course,
there is always some danger in working with
power tools, so I accept no liability for
your interpretation or use of this idea. It
would be a lot easier to explain if I could
draw a picture.
Take a piece of steel strap about 1/8" thick
and large enough that you can bolt it down
with a portion of it covering the center
hole of the drill press. Bolt it down, and
drill a hole thru it of the size you want
the final pieces to be. Then use jeweler's
files to cut two or more notches inside the
hole, like circular saw teeth, only inside
out. They have to be angled to cut the wood
as the drill press advances it into the hole.
Then chuck up a piece of the wood, and run
it into the hole with the teeth in it. You
need to be able to get it at least half way
down, then turn it around in the chuck, and
do the other half.
What saw to use when shortening wooden table legs?
Cutting Think Pipe - What Tool?
Attaching baseboard to metal studs
cutting down a bathroom cabinet om 25" to 21 '
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes