What tool to do this?
a lathe but have drillpress and must be perfectly round so can't use a chisel or Dremel tool . thanks
marks on the ends of your dowels. Of course,
there is always some danger in working with
power tools, so I accept no liability for
your interpretation or use of this idea. It
would be a lot easier to explain if I could
draw a picture.
Take a piece of steel strap about 1/8" thick
and large enough that you can bolt it down
with a portion of it covering the center
hole of the drill press. Bolt it down, and
drill a hole thru it of the size you want
the final pieces to be. Then use jeweler's
files to cut two or more notches inside the
hole, like circular saw teeth, only inside
out. They have to be angled to cut the wood
as the drill press advances it into the hole.
Then chuck up a piece of the wood, and run
it into the hole with the teeth in it. You
need to be able to get it at least half way
down, then turn it around in the chuck, and
do the other half.
What saw to use when shortening wooden table legs?
Attaching baseboard to metal studs
Cutting Think Pipe - What Tool?
Cutting concrete walls...what to use??
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers