Hi I have an 100 amp screw-in electrical box. Do I have to wire a new circuit for my new dishwasher and garbage disposal or can I run off of the electrical current I have controlling my stereo in the basement. Would that be too much "juice"?
- Forum >
- Electrical & Lighting >
- Electrical Connections for my new dishwasher and new garbage disposal
Each motorized major appliance should be on its own dedicated circuit. That would usually mean running 2 new lines, 1 for the dishwasher, another for the disposer but check local codes.
The Appliance Information Site
I'm not sure what would be best for your situation. I always have a contractor come and do our electrical maintenance. I'm too worried I will mess something up and possibly hurt myself. There are lots of electrical contractors who would be willing to help if needs be.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!