Steel Support Beam
The only person that is truly qualified to answer that question would be a structural engineer. The beam is not the only integral part of your design. The support columns and the footings under them are also an important part that will need to be designed to support the weight that will be placed on them as well as the live load that will be added from people, furniture, etc. If I or anyone else were to give you a size for this beam we would be opening ourselves up to liability against the failure of your design. Most structural engineers will not answer this question across the internet due to problems from practicing in a state other than the one they are licensed in.
Best advice is to consult an expert in your area (Structural engineer) and have your design approved by your local building inspections department.
Ceiling Beam Cover
Load-bearing masonry wall
Replacing basement girder
How do I attach a floating partition to a steel beam?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes