We started remodeling our bathroom and we currentally have rolled insulation on the ceilings but we haven't gotten any ****her on finishing the ceiling. today i heard a mouse sqeek as did 3 of my cats. after checking the area the cats were interested in i notice the paper part of the rolled insulation moving. come to find out there are mice living in our insulation area. we have never seen any anywhere else in the house due to our cats, but i am unsure how to get rid of them due to where they are "living"
I have read that using moth balls is a good way to repel mice. so i thought about putting some moth balls here and there in the insulation.
I have read that moth balls are toxic to children and pets if contact is made, so i am unsure if place these in the ceiling insulation would cause any harm. the cats can not get the to insulation area, but i am afraid that poeces of the moth balls my fall on the floor, or the odor of them may harm them.
Is there a safe way to do this to get rid of the mice, but be safe around my cats? could they be placed in a paperbag or something then put in the insulation area?
please help.....i don't want to end up with a mouse falling in my hair as i get ready in the morning!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Amazing Homes Made from Shipping Containers
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- Natural Swimming Pools: 10 Reasons to Jump In
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- Quick Tips for Tackling 10 Clutter Hot Spots
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 5 Common Lawn Problems—and How to Fix Them