We started remodeling our bathroom and we currentally have rolled insulation on the ceilings but we haven't gotten any ****her on finishing the ceiling. today i heard a mouse sqeek as did 3 of my cats. after checking the area the cats were interested in i notice the paper part of the rolled insulation moving. come to find out there are mice living in our insulation area. we have never seen any anywhere else in the house due to our cats, but i am unsure how to get rid of them due to where they are "living"
I have read that using moth balls is a good way to repel mice. so i thought about putting some moth balls here and there in the insulation.
I have read that moth balls are toxic to children and pets if contact is made, so i am unsure if place these in the ceiling insulation would cause any harm. the cats can not get the to insulation area, but i am afraid that poeces of the moth balls my fall on the floor, or the odor of them may harm them.
Is there a safe way to do this to get rid of the mice, but be safe around my cats? could they be placed in a paperbag or something then put in the insulation area?
please help.....i don't want to end up with a mouse falling in my hair as i get ready in the morning!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes