We started remodeling our bathroom and we currentally have rolled insulation on the ceilings but we haven't gotten any ****her on finishing the ceiling. today i heard a mouse sqeek as did 3 of my cats. after checking the area the cats were interested in i notice the paper part of the rolled insulation moving. come to find out there are mice living in our insulation area. we have never seen any anywhere else in the house due to our cats, but i am unsure how to get rid of them due to where they are "living"
I have read that using moth balls is a good way to repel mice. so i thought about putting some moth balls here and there in the insulation.
I have read that moth balls are toxic to children and pets if contact is made, so i am unsure if place these in the ceiling insulation would cause any harm. the cats can not get the to insulation area, but i am afraid that poeces of the moth balls my fall on the floor, or the odor of them may harm them.
Is there a safe way to do this to get rid of the mice, but be safe around my cats? could they be placed in a paperbag or something then put in the insulation area?
please help.....i don't want to end up with a mouse falling in my hair as i get ready in the morning!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!