We started remodeling our bathroom and we currentally have rolled insulation on the ceilings but we haven't gotten any ****her on finishing the ceiling. today i heard a mouse sqeek as did 3 of my cats. after checking the area the cats were interested in i notice the paper part of the rolled insulation moving. come to find out there are mice living in our insulation area. we have never seen any anywhere else in the house due to our cats, but i am unsure how to get rid of them due to where they are "living"
I have read that using moth balls is a good way to repel mice. so i thought about putting some moth balls here and there in the insulation.
I have read that moth balls are toxic to children and pets if contact is made, so i am unsure if place these in the ceiling insulation would cause any harm. the cats can not get the to insulation area, but i am afraid that poeces of the moth balls my fall on the floor, or the odor of them may harm them.
Is there a safe way to do this to get rid of the mice, but be safe around my cats? could they be placed in a paperbag or something then put in the insulation area?
please help.....i don't want to end up with a mouse falling in my hair as i get ready in the morning!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!