We started remodeling our bathroom and we currentally have rolled insulation on the ceilings but we haven't gotten any ****her on finishing the ceiling. today i heard a mouse sqeek as did 3 of my cats. after checking the area the cats were interested in i notice the paper part of the rolled insulation moving. come to find out there are mice living in our insulation area. we have never seen any anywhere else in the house due to our cats, but i am unsure how to get rid of them due to where they are "living"
I have read that using moth balls is a good way to repel mice. so i thought about putting some moth balls here and there in the insulation.
I have read that moth balls are toxic to children and pets if contact is made, so i am unsure if place these in the ceiling insulation would cause any harm. the cats can not get the to insulation area, but i am afraid that poeces of the moth balls my fall on the floor, or the odor of them may harm them.
Is there a safe way to do this to get rid of the mice, but be safe around my cats? could they be placed in a paperbag or something then put in the insulation area?
please help.....i don't want to end up with a mouse falling in my hair as i get ready in the morning!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 17 Jaw Dropping Deck Designs for Your Home
- 10 Woodworking Projects for Beginners
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- DIY Plumbing Pipe Vase
- Decorating "Rules" Meant to Be Broken
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Creative Cabinet Updates
- 10 Ways to Bring Typography Style Home
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- Make Your Own Kitchen Island: 12 Designs
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- Small Bedrooms, Huge Amounts of Style
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- Tiny Bedroom? 10 Space-Saving Solutions
- Uses for Beer & Booze Around the House
- 1 Dozen Ways to Maximize a Small Yard
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 5 Easy and Creative DIY Lamps