Glad you got your project done. Good luck and I hope all goes well.
Moderator: Construction Systems, Foundations, and Masonry & Stone
For more information about me and/or my qualifications please visit my website at:
We dug a basement under an addition and ran into an underground stream. We live beside a stream - don't ask me why we didn't cover up the hole and start over. But to make a long story short, we built block walls and had to pump water continuously till it was done. The minute we shut off the pump, the basement got up to a foot of water in it. It was the talk of the neighborhood. I found Sanitred on the internet and decided to go for it. It cost a lot, but we had to do something. We did put a sump pump outside the basement wall at the bottom and that wasn't enough. So I put layer after layer of Sanitred inside the walls, being very careful to follow the directions. Everytime it rained alot and a small leak came through the block I circled it with marker and when the water went down, plugged the hole with Sanitred stuff. I had to do the same thing with the floor, because the concrete would develop a small crack. I worked over a year and was thoroughly impressed with Sanitred. Finally once and for all, I bought a lot of the Tav/LRB and used it to lay tile over the whole floor. The basement is 15' x 30'. Like I said, it was expensive, but without it we would have been "sunk"! By the way, we put another pump down at the other one and are using the water for the house. The sump pump runs continuously besides. I believe in this stuff!!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!