I bought my first home 6 months ago. I noticed an obvious "tilt" when I had the house inspected. I had an ASHI certified home inspector who stated that "the house is 80 years old, of course it leans a little bit". I recently went into both of my neighbors'home and neither has such an obvious "tilt" so now I'm worried that there is a problem afterall. There are no cracks in the walls, and all of the doors open/close normally and the house leans towards the NW corner. My questions are:
1. Should I be concerned?
2. If so what could be the possible problems?
3. Who would be the best person(s) to call to diagnose the problem--another home inspector? structural engineer? foundation specialist?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love