I bought my first home 6 months ago. I noticed an obvious "tilt" when I had the house inspected. I had an ASHI certified home inspector who stated that "the house is 80 years old, of course it leans a little bit". I recently went into both of my neighbors'home and neither has such an obvious "tilt" so now I'm worried that there is a problem afterall. There are no cracks in the walls, and all of the doors open/close normally and the house leans towards the NW corner. My questions are:
1. Should I be concerned?
2. If so what could be the possible problems?
3. Who would be the best person(s) to call to diagnose the problem--another home inspector? structural engineer? foundation specialist?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!