I bought my first home 6 months ago. I noticed an obvious "tilt" when I had the house inspected. I had an ASHI certified home inspector who stated that "the house is 80 years old, of course it leans a little bit". I recently went into both of my neighbors'home and neither has such an obvious "tilt" so now I'm worried that there is a problem afterall. There are no cracks in the walls, and all of the doors open/close normally and the house leans towards the NW corner. My questions are:
1. Should I be concerned?
2. If so what could be the possible problems?
3. Who would be the best person(s) to call to diagnose the problem--another home inspector? structural engineer? foundation specialist?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 142 Remarkable Houses Around the World
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- Shelf Life: 10 Bookcase Projects You Can DIY
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- 11 Amazing Homemade Sheds to Inspire Your Own
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- Recipe for Success: 10 Easy Kitchen Storage Hacks
- Winning Combinations: 9 "Can't Miss" Color Schemes
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- The Ultimate All-Natural Cleaning Guide