I bought my first home 6 months ago. I noticed an obvious "tilt" when I had the house inspected. I had an ASHI certified home inspector who stated that "the house is 80 years old, of course it leans a little bit". I recently went into both of my neighbors'home and neither has such an obvious "tilt" so now I'm worried that there is a problem afterall. There are no cracks in the walls, and all of the doors open/close normally and the house leans towards the NW corner. My questions are:
1. Should I be concerned?
2. If so what could be the possible problems?
3. Who would be the best person(s) to call to diagnose the problem--another home inspector? structural engineer? foundation specialist?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers