I need to drill one (4") hole through my poured concrete foundation wall (8"), and two holes through my (4") slab. I plan to use an electric hammer drill w/ 1/2 inch bit, drilling holes then chiseling out. Does this sound like a good approach? Would perhaps a drill powered by an air compressor be more effective? Thanks.
This should work as long as you have a fairly decent hammer drill. I have discovered that it is best to use a smaller bit such as a 1/4" or 5/6" They seam to drill faster than a larger bit. Also, when you purchase your masonry bits make sure they are percussion bits.
It would probably be best to spend a few bucks to rent a heavy duty rotary hammer drill. Would drill much faster and hold up better.
Drilling holes in concrete slab
Drilling into New Concrete
Attaching concrete walkway to foundation with rebar
destroying concrete block
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes