I started to make a new fence and dug 30inch deep holes and filled them with cement. I have a metal anchor sticking out of the ground attached to the cement that will hold the 4x4s with big bolts.
The problem is that the posts are now attached and it rained the night the cement went in. Now the cement is a little loose like they are sitting in holes that are little to big and loose. The gound is mostly sand below 12 inches.
What can I do. I was thinking of digging around the cement and adding more to make a bigger base for the posts to sit on.
three quarter inch minus crushed rock tamped ,poked or compacted in around the sides. seeing that you have sand around it, digging the hole larger might just be as loose. what you need to do is compact the soil with the rock around the post. test it on one post with a small bag from the garden center or such and see how it works for your situation.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects