I started to make a new fence and dug 30inch deep holes and filled them with cement. I have a metal anchor sticking out of the ground attached to the cement that will hold the 4x4s with big bolts.
The problem is that the posts are now attached and it rained the night the cement went in. Now the cement is a little loose like they are sitting in holes that are little to big and loose. The gound is mostly sand below 12 inches.
What can I do. I was thinking of digging around the cement and adding more to make a bigger base for the posts to sit on.
three quarter inch minus crushed rock tamped ,poked or compacted in around the sides. seeing that you have sand around it, digging the hole larger might just be as loose. what you need to do is compact the soil with the rock around the post. test it on one post with a small bag from the garden center or such and see how it works for your situation.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love