I started to make a new fence and dug 30inch deep holes and filled them with cement. I have a metal anchor sticking out of the ground attached to the cement that will hold the 4x4s with big bolts.
The problem is that the posts are now attached and it rained the night the cement went in. Now the cement is a little loose like they are sitting in holes that are little to big and loose. The gound is mostly sand below 12 inches.
What can I do. I was thinking of digging around the cement and adding more to make a bigger base for the posts to sit on.
three quarter inch minus crushed rock tamped ,poked or compacted in around the sides. seeing that you have sand around it, digging the hole larger might just be as loose. what you need to do is compact the soil with the rock around the post. test it on one post with a small bag from the garden center or such and see how it works for your situation.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight