I would like to know the pro's and con's of a Modular home, we are either looking to buy land and build, or buy a house exsiting?? Are modular homes reliable??
I am buying a modular home within the next few years-need a new home as opposed to my 150+yr farm house. Oxford Homes are manufactured/modular homes. They are just like the stick built but they are built at the factory in sections. The more sections the more money it is. The house that I am looking at is a 2 story colonial, 5 bedroom 4 bath, lr, dr, kit. Cost does not include foundation or land prep. Or fees associated with that. Home can be finished and ready to move into in one month-as opposed to 3-somtimes 8 mos. with an on site home. Just make sure they are an accredited builder. Oxford carries all the certification and includes a 10 year buyer protection plan warranty. I have looked at many model homes-and fell in love with this company. You can't see any of the joining seams or feel any weak areas. A quality home. Cons can be some manufacturers have limited floor plans, or you can't alter them to fit your lifestyle, and you might be stuck with housing packages that don't appeal to you. Oxford Homes might have a web site-check them out. My home was priced around 150'S, and for the house you get, here in Maine that is a good price.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 10 Planters You Can Make Out of Everyday Things
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- Garden Paths: 12 Easy-to-Imitate Stone Walkways
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 9 Incredible Faux Finishes Possible with Paint
- 10 Sly Spots Where You Can Stash Your Storage Stuff
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight