I would like to know the pro's and con's of a Modular home, we are either looking to buy land and build, or buy a house exsiting?? Are modular homes reliable??
I am buying a modular home within the next few years-need a new home as opposed to my 150+yr farm house. Oxford Homes are manufactured/modular homes. They are just like the stick built but they are built at the factory in sections. The more sections the more money it is. The house that I am looking at is a 2 story colonial, 5 bedroom 4 bath, lr, dr, kit. Cost does not include foundation or land prep. Or fees associated with that. Home can be finished and ready to move into in one month-as opposed to 3-somtimes 8 mos. with an on site home. Just make sure they are an accredited builder. Oxford carries all the certification and includes a 10 year buyer protection plan warranty. I have looked at many model homes-and fell in love with this company. You can't see any of the joining seams or feel any weak areas. A quality home. Cons can be some manufacturers have limited floor plans, or you can't alter them to fit your lifestyle, and you might be stuck with housing packages that don't appeal to you. Oxford Homes might have a web site-check them out. My home was priced around 150'S, and for the house you get, here in Maine that is a good price.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes