I would like to know the pro's and con's of a Modular home, we are either looking to buy land and build, or buy a house exsiting?? Are modular homes reliable??
I am buying a modular home within the next few years-need a new home as opposed to my 150+yr farm house. Oxford Homes are manufactured/modular homes. They are just like the stick built but they are built at the factory in sections. The more sections the more money it is. The house that I am looking at is a 2 story colonial, 5 bedroom 4 bath, lr, dr, kit. Cost does not include foundation or land prep. Or fees associated with that. Home can be finished and ready to move into in one month-as opposed to 3-somtimes 8 mos. with an on site home. Just make sure they are an accredited builder. Oxford carries all the certification and includes a 10 year buyer protection plan warranty. I have looked at many model homes-and fell in love with this company. You can't see any of the joining seams or feel any weak areas. A quality home. Cons can be some manufacturers have limited floor plans, or you can't alter them to fit your lifestyle, and you might be stuck with housing packages that don't appeal to you. Oxford Homes might have a web site-check them out. My home was priced around 150'S, and for the house you get, here in Maine that is a good price.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!