I would like to know the pro's and con's of a Modular home, we are either looking to buy land and build, or buy a house exsiting?? Are modular homes reliable??
I am buying a modular home within the next few years-need a new home as opposed to my 150+yr farm house. Oxford Homes are manufactured/modular homes. They are just like the stick built but they are built at the factory in sections. The more sections the more money it is. The house that I am looking at is a 2 story colonial, 5 bedroom 4 bath, lr, dr, kit. Cost does not include foundation or land prep. Or fees associated with that. Home can be finished and ready to move into in one month-as opposed to 3-somtimes 8 mos. with an on site home. Just make sure they are an accredited builder. Oxford carries all the certification and includes a 10 year buyer protection plan warranty. I have looked at many model homes-and fell in love with this company. You can't see any of the joining seams or feel any weak areas. A quality home. Cons can be some manufacturers have limited floor plans, or you can't alter them to fit your lifestyle, and you might be stuck with housing packages that don't appeal to you. Oxford Homes might have a web site-check them out. My home was priced around 150'S, and for the house you get, here in Maine that is a good price.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!