Water Pressure & Smell
I don't see a question in your Post but if I can, I'll try to address your situation.
Talk to the contractor that installed your Water Filtration System. Have him show you where it says that your system will remove the sulfur from the water. If you can't find it, then argue like @#$% and tell him he is going to EAT the cost of the system and you want credit for a system that will do AT LEAST what you asked 'it' to do. As an aside, did you (or the contractor) have the water tested BEFORE the system was put in? If not, THAT is what should 'guide' him on what kind of system to put in.
As for the water pressure, that can be addressed in a number of ways. First, you have to read your paperwork (if any) that says what the MINIMUM delivered pressure must be in order to state that the pressure is 'OK'. Check with your Building Inspector in your Municipality for that info. If there isn't any, then the builder is off the hook. If there isn't a minimum, you need to have the pressured checked and go from there.
It's not unusual for well water systems to deliver 'low pressure'. In my parents house in the country, for example, 2 people can't take a shower at the same time. And if someone were to flush a toilet when someone is in the shower, the water drops quite a bit. In fact, my Father had to install Mixing Valves in the shower so no one would get burned in there if someone was to, accidentally, flush a toilet or turn on the dishwasher while someone was in the shower. (This is what you should consider having done too.)
You may need a different/better tank in the house to deliver the water pressure you want, but check w/the inspector first on the minimums (and have the pressure tested.) Again, see to it that the water, itself, is tested for 'elements' too before you have any more filters removed or installed.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Clearing the Air: 10 Natural Ways to Remedy Household Odors
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs