Water Pressure & Smell
I don't see a question in your Post but if I can, I'll try to address your situation.
Talk to the contractor that installed your Water Filtration System. Have him show you where it says that your system will remove the sulfur from the water. If you can't find it, then argue like @#$% and tell him he is going to EAT the cost of the system and you want credit for a system that will do AT LEAST what you asked 'it' to do. As an aside, did you (or the contractor) have the water tested BEFORE the system was put in? If not, THAT is what should 'guide' him on what kind of system to put in.
As for the water pressure, that can be addressed in a number of ways. First, you have to read your paperwork (if any) that says what the MINIMUM delivered pressure must be in order to state that the pressure is 'OK'. Check with your Building Inspector in your Municipality for that info. If there isn't any, then the builder is off the hook. If there isn't a minimum, you need to have the pressured checked and go from there.
It's not unusual for well water systems to deliver 'low pressure'. In my parents house in the country, for example, 2 people can't take a shower at the same time. And if someone were to flush a toilet when someone is in the shower, the water drops quite a bit. In fact, my Father had to install Mixing Valves in the shower so no one would get burned in there if someone was to, accidentally, flush a toilet or turn on the dishwasher while someone was in the shower. (This is what you should consider having done too.)
You may need a different/better tank in the house to deliver the water pressure you want, but check w/the inspector first on the minimums (and have the pressure tested.) Again, see to it that the water, itself, is tested for 'elements' too before you have any more filters removed or installed.
My best to ya and hope this helps.
Jay J -Moderator
PS: God Bless America!
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 10 Pretty Plants You Didn't Know Were Poisonous
- Ultimate Lawn Care Guide: 12 Steps to a Prize-Winning Yard
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight