My house was built in 1928 and when remodeling the bathroom I found no vent pipe for the sink or tub. The toilet is vented. My question is... can I run PVC off the drain line and tie into the Toilet vent pipe about 5 feet away from the sink, or should you have a seperate vent at the sink and tub. Not looking forward to punching a new hole in the roof. - Thanks for any advice.
Yes you can tie into the main vent. Besure you are at least 42" above floor level to be within code. 5' is at the extreme, but that's to comply with the plumbing code. Air is air in venting. The way the code works is on a point system. The commode being 6, the tub being 1 1/2, and the basin being 1. If you have the original cast iron still there it is most likely 4" in diameter which is more than enough. You can use a double sanitary tee, upside down, in PVC and two No-hub couplings to install the fitting. The installation norm is fixture, to vent, to drain. I wish I could draw a picture.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes