When water is being drained from the upstairs bathtub or shower (different locations)...I can hear a drip-drip-drip sound behind the kitchen wall (seeming to get faster all the time). When asking my husband, he said it is just the water from the second floor hitting the pipe on the way down...?? Not that I don't believe him.... :-) but Bob Villa he is not. Our house is 15 years old and I don't recall this sound before. What is the easiest way to tell if this really is a leak somewhere or just water "falling".....???
Hubby may be correct. The only way to determine drain leaks is to look for water or stains at the base of the wall, discolored vinyl, wet spots or insulation under the house.
The obvious question is: does the sound come from the location of the drain pipe? Do you have a basement or a crawl space underneath? If so, can you find that particular drain pipe and listen to it at the lowest level to see if the dripping noise is inside the pipe?
Might be worth a try.
Might be worth a try.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 25 Insanely Easy-to-Make Holiday Ornaments
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Classic Ways to Brighten Up a Dark Room
- 10 Quick and Creative Stocking Stuffers
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 7 Unauthorized Uses for Common Appliances
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Best Secret Hiding Spots We've Ever Seen
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 10 Must-Do Projects for November
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow ANYWHERE
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 10 Bookcases You Can Make Yourself
- 7 Mistakes Not to Make with Your Fireplace
- The Easy 1-Hour Money-Saving Home Checkup
- Quick Fixes for a Fresher Shower
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Ways to Redecorate Without Spending a Dime
- The Top 10 Artificial Christmas Trees