Just out of the blue on day, the water pressure from my shower head has seemes to have dimminished. The water pressure was good one day and weak the next. It's been like this for the past few days. My question is simple, why did this happen? I live in a co-op apartment building in NYC. Perhaps the water pressure in the building was adjusted, but I don't think so. Is that even possible? I took the shower head apart without taking the shower head off. I wasn't able to notice if it was broken or not. Do I need a new shower head? Any help someone can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.
It's possible your landlord had a plumber install a prv(pressure reducing valve) or some backflow preventers can reduce the pressure. Your showerhead is designed with water savers and can be identified in gpm(gallons per minute) If you try to remove the water savers, chances are the showerhead will leak. You can try a different head, but the incoming pressure to the building is still the same.
Low Water Pressure in Showers!
Shower hot water pressure
Water coming out of shower head and spout....at the ...
no water to the shower head
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects