Just out of the blue on day, the water pressure from my shower head has seemes to have dimminished. The water pressure was good one day and weak the next. It's been like this for the past few days. My question is simple, why did this happen? I live in a co-op apartment building in NYC. Perhaps the water pressure in the building was adjusted, but I don't think so. Is that even possible? I took the shower head apart without taking the shower head off. I wasn't able to notice if it was broken or not. Do I need a new shower head? Any help someone can provide me would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day.
It's possible your landlord had a plumber install a prv(pressure reducing valve) or some backflow preventers can reduce the pressure. Your showerhead is designed with water savers and can be identified in gpm(gallons per minute) If you try to remove the water savers, chances are the showerhead will leak. You can try a different head, but the incoming pressure to the building is still the same.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes