I need help with repairing my leaking tub/shower faucet. First of all I am not sure, but I think it is a moen, it is 14 years old and has the spout,and three knobs. I took the screws out but could not get the knobs off. Can this type of faucet be repaired this way.
Thanks to anyone who can help!
Moen faucets employ a cartridge that is replaceable. However make certain that you properly identify the brand name of the faucet to get identical replacement parts. If the handles are stuck, you can buy a "handle puller" to remove the handles. It's quite a handy tool to have and won't cost you an arm or a leg. You can go to your local plumbing supply house with the knobs and they will gladly help you out. That's the beauty of having a name brand faucet like Moen or Delta. The parts are available. Good Luck, plumber Tom, Philadelphia,Pennsylvania
PlumbingSupply.US has all Moen parts. They are a very reliable supply house. PlumbingSupply.US probably has the part you need at a very good price. They can ship worldwide. Very knowledgeable sales department.
Thanks so much Plumber Tom and Mandingo for your help. I appreciate the information.
Thanks, David J.
Thanks, David J.
I'm sure you have heard the term, "No job too small" before. Well as moderator of the plumbing section I'd like to emphasize, "No question too small" Do NOT hesitate to post back with even the smallest of questions. We are here to help you out. A BIG thank you to the VP, David [email protected] and Greg Vazanna and all the others to make this board a huge success. These are the people behind the scenes who deserve the necesssary recognition.
Shower Control blockage
How hard to replace tub/shower faucet?
shower faucet leeks?? im not sure what its called.
Help! Hot water in tub/shower only trickling!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!