I have a studio condo that I lease out. My tenant is complaining loud and long that the forced air radiator is just spewing out heat. No fan needs to be on. I've had the maintenance people at the building look at it, I've had brought in a plumber. They are saying that nothing can be done. These old systems are just like this.
Well, it's never been like this before. I've had this place for 15 years. Last year the dial that turns on the heat (low/med/high) broke. The building replaced it. And now about 9 months later we are having this problem. This is an old system - about 40 yrs old. When it's time for AC the heat is turned off in the building and the AC is turned on.
I don't want any more calls at 2:30 am from my tenant telling me she can't sleep because its so hot.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 21 Ways to Spring Clean—Naturally
- Show Off: 9 Ways to Display a Collection
- The Best Paint Colors for Low-Light Rooms
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 8 Clever Storage Solutions for Pots & Pans
- 8 Creative OTHER Ways to Use a Closet
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- 15 Eye-Catching Front Door Options
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!