I have a studio condo that I lease out. My tenant is complaining loud and long that the forced air radiator is just spewing out heat. No fan needs to be on. I've had the maintenance people at the building look at it, I've had brought in a plumber. They are saying that nothing can be done. These old systems are just like this.
Well, it's never been like this before. I've had this place for 15 years. Last year the dial that turns on the heat (low/med/high) broke. The building replaced it. And now about 9 months later we are having this problem. This is an old system - about 40 yrs old. When it's time for AC the heat is turned off in the building and the AC is turned on.
I don't want any more calls at 2:30 am from my tenant telling me she can't sleep because its so hot.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 8 Cleaning Mistakes Everyone Makes
- 10 Insanely Creative Shelves You Can DIY
- 10 Bargain Organizers for a Tidy Garage
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 9 Backyard Fire Pits You Can Afford
- 10 Things You Didn't Know Windex Can Do
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 16 Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!