I have a studio condo that I lease out. My tenant is complaining loud and long that the forced air radiator is just spewing out heat. No fan needs to be on. I've had the maintenance people at the building look at it, I've had brought in a plumber. They are saying that nothing can be done. These old systems are just like this.
Well, it's never been like this before. I've had this place for 15 years. Last year the dial that turns on the heat (low/med/high) broke. The building replaced it. And now about 9 months later we are having this problem. This is an old system - about 40 yrs old. When it's time for AC the heat is turned off in the building and the AC is turned on.
I don't want any more calls at 2:30 am from my tenant telling me she can't sleep because its so hot.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects