I'm in the process of finishing my basement which will include a large BR with a jacuzzi-type tub. Right now, it takes a LONG time to get hot water to our kitchen sink and DW because the existing hot water heater is at the other end of the house. I thought it might be nice to add a second, small hot water heater (~15 gallons) to just service the kitchen. I have a closet that I've already finished that is right under the kitchen and it's right where my LP line comes into the house. Is this idea sound and where can I find a good 15 gallon LP hot water heater? My existing hot water heater is power vented. Will a new one need to be power vented as well?
Thanks for any and all advice!
I would go with a tankless hot water heater. They are expensive to buy but cheaper to operate than hot water heaters w/tanks. They give you a endless supply of hot water. That way when your wife fills up that 70 gallon tub you don't have to wait for the water to heat back up to take a shower. Check out www.foreverhotwater.com. Thats what I'm installing in my new house. It will supply 8.5 gpm of hot water. It will still take a few seconds to get water to the sink, but there are also point of use water heaters for sinks and appliances. I believe they are electric though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes