I'm in the process of finishing my basement which will include a large BR with a jacuzzi-type tub. Right now, it takes a LONG time to get hot water to our kitchen sink and DW because the existing hot water heater is at the other end of the house. I thought it might be nice to add a second, small hot water heater (~15 gallons) to just service the kitchen. I have a closet that I've already finished that is right under the kitchen and it's right where my LP line comes into the house. Is this idea sound and where can I find a good 15 gallon LP hot water heater? My existing hot water heater is power vented. Will a new one need to be power vented as well?
Thanks for any and all advice!
I would go with a tankless hot water heater. They are expensive to buy but cheaper to operate than hot water heaters w/tanks. They give you a endless supply of hot water. That way when your wife fills up that 70 gallon tub you don't have to wait for the water to heat back up to take a shower. Check out www.foreverhotwater.com. Thats what I'm installing in my new house. It will supply 8.5 gpm of hot water. It will still take a few seconds to get water to the sink, but there are also point of use water heaters for sinks and appliances. I believe they are electric though.
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers