I'm in the process of finishing my basement which will include a large BR with a jacuzzi-type tub. Right now, it takes a LONG time to get hot water to our kitchen sink and DW because the existing hot water heater is at the other end of the house. I thought it might be nice to add a second, small hot water heater (~15 gallons) to just service the kitchen. I have a closet that I've already finished that is right under the kitchen and it's right where my LP line comes into the house. Is this idea sound and where can I find a good 15 gallon LP hot water heater? My existing hot water heater is power vented. Will a new one need to be power vented as well?
Thanks for any and all advice!
I would go with a tankless hot water heater. They are expensive to buy but cheaper to operate than hot water heaters w/tanks. They give you a endless supply of hot water. That way when your wife fills up that 70 gallon tub you don't have to wait for the water to heat back up to take a shower. Check out www.foreverhotwater.com. Thats what I'm installing in my new house. It will supply 8.5 gpm of hot water. It will still take a few seconds to get water to the sink, but there are also point of use water heaters for sinks and appliances. I believe they are electric though.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- 7 Surprising Other Uses for Mayonnaise
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 11 Lessons to Learn from AirBnB's Tiniest Homes
- 10 DIY Ways to Redo Your Wall—Without Paint
- 8 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 7 House Sounds Never to Ignore
- Watch These 10 Home Trends Take Off in 2015
- 11 Things Never to Keep in Your Bedroom
- 12 Places You Never Clean—But Should!