We are in the process of building a log home. The walls were built last year and we are now having the roof put on. As yet no windows or doors have been installed.
Now that the logs have been thru a season of weather we are ready to finish the surface and seal the wood both inside the house and on the outside. We plan to use a sealer with a clear coat.
We are looking for more information and resource access on how to sandblast the surface of the logs prior to sealing. What type of sand (grit?) to use, type of nozzle that will work best, etc.
Anyone with advise from experience or information on sources for more information is appreciated. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love