We are in the process of building a log home. The walls were built last year and we are now having the roof put on. As yet no windows or doors have been installed.
Now that the logs have been thru a season of weather we are ready to finish the surface and seal the wood both inside the house and on the outside. We plan to use a sealer with a clear coat.
We are looking for more information and resource access on how to sandblast the surface of the logs prior to sealing. What type of sand (grit?) to use, type of nozzle that will work best, etc.
Anyone with advise from experience or information on sources for more information is appreciated. Thanks!
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 Cool Shipping Container Homes
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips