I have a 3 valve setup in my shower (hot/cold/diverter). Recently I had felt the handles feeling kind of loose and I had been having to turn them more in order to shut off the water. Even then I would have a small drip coming out of the faucet, which continues. Also, when using the shower a steady stream of hot water flows out of the faucet . Eventually I broke off the handle on the diverter. Went to OSH and bought a generic replacement kit. The one with the square rubber adaptors that connect the base of the handle to the stem. I used the best fitting adaptor, but when turning the handle the adaptor would slip causing the handle to turn round and round without anything happening. I ended up using the handle from the kit but keeping the original base which connects to the stem. Everything seems to fit fine. I get regular water pressure out of the faucet, but when I turn the diverter (which feels normal) I get very low water pressure and volume coming out of the shower head. It seems like only a certain amount of water is allowed to make it to the shower head because I'll turn both the hot and cold handles round and round and the same amount of water will come out. The only thing that changes is the temperature based on which handle I turn.
Sorry for the long explanation. I am brand new at handywork. I would so greatly appreciate help with:
1-Fixing the water pressure issue (urgent)
2-Fixing the faucet water flow while using shower head
Thanks so much!
Shower head won't flow
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
Shower drain leak. Need help
bathroom shower diverter
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes