I have a 3 valve setup in my shower (hot/cold/diverter). Recently I had felt the handles feeling kind of loose and I had been having to turn them more in order to shut off the water. Even then I would have a small drip coming out of the faucet, which continues. Also, when using the shower a steady stream of hot water flows out of the faucet . Eventually I broke off the handle on the diverter. Went to OSH and bought a generic replacement kit. The one with the square rubber adaptors that connect the base of the handle to the stem. I used the best fitting adaptor, but when turning the handle the adaptor would slip causing the handle to turn round and round without anything happening. I ended up using the handle from the kit but keeping the original base which connects to the stem. Everything seems to fit fine. I get regular water pressure out of the faucet, but when I turn the diverter (which feels normal) I get very low water pressure and volume coming out of the shower head. It seems like only a certain amount of water is allowed to make it to the shower head because I'll turn both the hot and cold handles round and round and the same amount of water will come out. The only thing that changes is the temperature based on which handle I turn.
Sorry for the long explanation. I am brand new at handywork. I would so greatly appreciate help with:
1-Fixing the water pressure issue (urgent)
2-Fixing the faucet water flow while using shower head
Thanks so much!
Shower head won't flow
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
Shower drain leak. Need help
bathroom shower diverter
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot the Furnace
- 11 Real Haunted Houses to Visit--If You Dare!
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- 21 Expert Picks for Fail-Safe Colors
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 3 New Ways to Decorate with Fallen Leaves
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Storage Hacks
- 121 DIY Ideas for Halloween
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!