I have a 3 valve setup in my shower (hot/cold/diverter). Recently I had felt the handles feeling kind of loose and I had been having to turn them more in order to shut off the water. Even then I would have a small drip coming out of the faucet, which continues. Also, when using the shower a steady stream of hot water flows out of the faucet . Eventually I broke off the handle on the diverter. Went to OSH and bought a generic replacement kit. The one with the square rubber adaptors that connect the base of the handle to the stem. I used the best fitting adaptor, but when turning the handle the adaptor would slip causing the handle to turn round and round without anything happening. I ended up using the handle from the kit but keeping the original base which connects to the stem. Everything seems to fit fine. I get regular water pressure out of the faucet, but when I turn the diverter (which feels normal) I get very low water pressure and volume coming out of the shower head. It seems like only a certain amount of water is allowed to make it to the shower head because I'll turn both the hot and cold handles round and round and the same amount of water will come out. The only thing that changes is the temperature based on which handle I turn.
Sorry for the long explanation. I am brand new at handywork. I would so greatly appreciate help with:
1-Fixing the water pressure issue (urgent)
2-Fixing the faucet water flow while using shower head
Thanks so much!
Shower head won't flow
Searching for diverter valve to switch kitchen fauce...
Shower drain leak. Need help
bathroom shower diverter
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 17 Design Inspirations for Mudrooms and Entryways
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 30 Things Every Homeowner Should Know How to Do
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 159 Storage Ideas for Space-Starved DIYers
- 21 "Expert Picks" for Fail-Safe Colors
- 9 Easy Ways to Kill Weeds Effectively
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- Simple “Under $60” Curb Appeal Updates for Any Home
- 67 Expert Tips to Aid Your Spring Cleaning
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- 10 Room Dividers to Bring Order to Your Space
- 11 Creative Garden Borders You Can Make—Easily!
- Tips and Tricks to Fit More into Less Closet Space
- Secret Rooms: 10 Special Spaces Hidden from Sight