My husband pulled the old basement carpet up and most of the tile pulled up with it! all intact mind you, and he used a putty knife and the rest of the tile just lifted up intact.
After the fact, we are very concerned about an asbestos issue, specifically for our young boys who have been down there over the weekend, potentially breathing in something. The house was built in '68 so we presume it may have asbestos.
Should we be concerned as the tiles were all intact?
We are usually so careful about stuff we didn't really think about it as all the tiles pulled up intact.
We also had water damage several years ago, and just sucked it all up, cleaned the carpet and that was that. Could the water damage have tapped into any asbestos issues as well?
I know they have exposure to so many other things that can cause health problems (plastic cups, bowls, plates, cleaning agents, etc). Please tell me I might be able to relax a bit?!
I plan to wet mop the floor and wipe down all their toys? Good/Bad idea?
- 10 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 11 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 12 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love
- 25 Clever Ideas for Repurposed Storage
- 10 Surprising Ways to Cure Household Odors
- 11 Ways to Winterize Your Home on a Budget
- 10 Ways to Live Large in a Small Space
- 10 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Dressing Up the Dresser: 11 Clever DIY Transformations
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 10 Ways to Use Mirrors to Your Design Advantage
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- How To: Paint EVERYTHING
- Man, Oh Man! 7 Unbelievable Guy Spaces
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 12 Wow-Worthy Woods for Kitchen Countertops
- 10 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 10 Houseplants to Improve Indoor Air Quality
- How To: Clean EVERYTHING