My husband pulled the old basement carpet up and most of the tile pulled up with it! all intact mind you, and he used a putty knife and the rest of the tile just lifted up intact.
After the fact, we are very concerned about an asbestos issue, specifically for our young boys who have been down there over the weekend, potentially breathing in something. The house was built in '68 so we presume it may have asbestos.
Should we be concerned as the tiles were all intact?
We are usually so careful about stuff we didn't really think about it as all the tiles pulled up intact.
We also had water damage several years ago, and just sucked it all up, cleaned the carpet and that was that. Could the water damage have tapped into any asbestos issues as well?
I know they have exposure to so many other things that can cause health problems (plastic cups, bowls, plates, cleaning agents, etc). Please tell me I might be able to relax a bit?!
I plan to wet mop the floor and wipe down all their toys? Good/Bad idea?
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers