My husband pulled the old basement carpet up and most of the tile pulled up with it! all intact mind you, and he used a putty knife and the rest of the tile just lifted up intact.
After the fact, we are very concerned about an asbestos issue, specifically for our young boys who have been down there over the weekend, potentially breathing in something. The house was built in '68 so we presume it may have asbestos.
Should we be concerned as the tiles were all intact?
We are usually so careful about stuff we didn't really think about it as all the tiles pulled up intact.
We also had water damage several years ago, and just sucked it all up, cleaned the carpet and that was that. Could the water damage have tapped into any asbestos issues as well?
I know they have exposure to so many other things that can cause health problems (plastic cups, bowls, plates, cleaning agents, etc). Please tell me I might be able to relax a bit?!
I plan to wet mop the floor and wipe down all their toys? Good/Bad idea?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 16 Designs for a Low-Cost DIY Coffee Table
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- 9 Ways to Make Your TV Look at Home
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Unexpected Spots for Accent Colors
- 10 Fantastic Furniture Makeovers
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- 9 Closet Storage Tips from a Pro Organizer
- 7 Seriously Surprising Spots for a Fireplace
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- 12 Tiny Gardens to Grow on a Tabletop
- Supersize Your Small Bathroom with 8 Tips
- Kitchen Envy: 10 Rooms We Love