My husband pulled the old basement carpet up and most of the tile pulled up with it! all intact mind you, and he used a putty knife and the rest of the tile just lifted up intact.
After the fact, we are very concerned about an asbestos issue, specifically for our young boys who have been down there over the weekend, potentially breathing in something. The house was built in '68 so we presume it may have asbestos.
Should we be concerned as the tiles were all intact?
We are usually so careful about stuff we didn't really think about it as all the tiles pulled up intact.
We also had water damage several years ago, and just sucked it all up, cleaned the carpet and that was that. Could the water damage have tapped into any asbestos issues as well?
I know they have exposure to so many other things that can cause health problems (plastic cups, bowls, plates, cleaning agents, etc). Please tell me I might be able to relax a bit?!
I plan to wet mop the floor and wipe down all their toys? Good/Bad idea?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects