I have an 18 month old Pennco gas furnace. Recently the emergency cutoff has been shutting it down and it will not refire. The serviceman came twice and pressed the restart button but as soon as he leaves it shuts down again. He said it may be caused by wind coming in the chimney, but why is this just happening now? The night it started happening, the circuit breaker on my microwave was tripped for no apparent reason and I wonder whether something in the furnace shorted it out. The serviceman says no way but it seems very coincidental. Any ideas because it is cold in the house with no heat??
Thank you for your reply. The repairman recommended a chimney cap, preferably one that twirls. He thought this would eliminate the draft. My concern is that after I go to the expense of installing the cap, it will turn out to be an electrical problem. The repairman insists that it is not electrical, but why else did the circuit breaker trip? Is there any way to find out for sure or is it just a process of elimination?
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- Make Your Bed: 9 DIY Headboards
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- Space-Saving Solutions for Tiny Bedrooms
- 9 Perfect Color Combos for Your Home
- 22 Tiny Houses We Love
- See the Most Highly Anticipated Colors for 2015
- What's the Best Color for Living Rooms?
- Favorite Space-Saving Double-Duty Furniture
- 10 Low-Cost DIY Home Security Solutions
- Redecorate Without Spending a Dime: 10 Ideas
- 10 Houseplants You Can Grow Anywhere
- 9 Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 10 Doable Designs for a DIY Rug
- 9 Alternative Uses for Toothpaste
- Live Large in a (Very) Small Space
- 8 Cheap and Unique DIY Nightstands
- 15 Eye-Catching Options for Your Front Door
- Supersize Your Small Bath with 8 Pro Tips
- Don't Try This at Home: 7 Dangerous DIYs
- 10 Simple Woodworking Projects
- Is There Anything Vinegar Can't Do?
- 7 Incredible Uses for Salvaged Lumber
- 12 Tiny Gardens You Can Grow on a Tabletop
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 10 Surprisingly Smart Solutions for Junk Drawers
- Bright & Bold Colors for Your Front Door
- DIY Bookcases: 16 Easy Project Ideas
- Don't Make These 7 Fireplace Mistakes