I need to replace my 40year old boiler.
A plumber came and recommended a 140btu lennox gas boiler. Anyone had any experience with this? whats the rating of this boiler? should i accept his advice or look for a better boiler?
I have never heard of a lennox boiler per sey. Furnace yes, Boiler NO. Some choices to make and research are : Well McClain (top of the line in the industry) And Crown Boiler Co. www.crown.com Crown can give you an AFUE of around 82% which is pretty darn efficient. Your heating pro should perform a heat-loss calculation to ensure you are not over or undersized. You may not necessarily need that amount of btu's because the boilers out there now are much more efficient then your 40 year old.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 13 Lazy Cleaning Tricks for a Spotless Home
- Laundry Room Ideas to Knock Your Socks Off
- Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 12 Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 7 House Sounds You Never Want to Ignore
- 10 Surprisingly Simple Woodworking Projects
- Worth It: 8 Renovations That Pay You Back
- Organize Your Life with 12 Dollar-Store Buys
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Don't Make These 7 Mistakes in Small Spaces
- 20 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 15 Totally Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 10 Closet Cures That Cost Less Than $100
- 11 Easy DIY Projects to Declutter Your Home
- 10 "Zero Dollar" Garden Hacks
- 10 Killproof Plants for a No-Effort Landscape
- 9 Insanely Easy 1-Hour Backyard Projects