I had the blower wheel and blower motor replaced 2 summers ago by a service tech (Lennox furnace with A/C). I didn't notice at the time but the tech replaced the five speed (five speed taps) 1/2 HP motor with a 3 speed (3 speed taps) motor.
More importantly I see the tech wired both the heat and cool lines from the controller to the black (the high speed) wire of the motor and just capped off the low and medium speed lines of the motor.
On my other furnace (with original blower) the heat line goes to the medium speed motor tap while the cool line goes to the high motor speed tap.
I am going to borrow an electronic thermometer to measure temperature rise from return to supply plenums and compare to label inside the furnace.
I guess my question is how important is getting the speed right on heat cycle? Obviously if it‚Äôs too high the air will not have as a high a temperature rise but in the grand scheme of things does this make a big difference on efficiency or comfort? I don‚Äôt know if I should consider this a major failing of the tech or just a common practice.
Cold Air Return Noise
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
lennox pulse 21 blower speed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 15 Fast Facade Fixes for Instant Curb Appeal
- 9 Expert Furniture Arranging Tips
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 7 Smart Shoe Racks You Can Make Today
- 9 Ways to Extend Patio Season into Fall
- 9 Potent Cleaners You Didn't Know You Had
- 12 Hobbit Houses to Make You Consider Moving Underground
- 16 Cool DIY Coffee Tables
- 10 Fall Home Maintenance Musts
- Supersize Your Small Bath With These 8 Pro Tips
- 15 Neat Garage Storage Solutions
- Buy or Build: 15 Desks We Love
- 10 Great DIY Bookshelf Projects
- 5 Minutes Flat: 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- 10 FREE Storage Hacks
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 "Must Do" September Projects
- 9 Calming Colors for a Serene Home
- 16 Easy Ideas for Customized Cabinets
- 17 Mini Bars to Mix Up Your Home Decor
- 20 Ways to Make a Small Bathroom Big
- 12 Unique DIY Kitchen Island Designs