I had the blower wheel and blower motor replaced 2 summers ago by a service tech (Lennox furnace with A/C). I didn't notice at the time but the tech replaced the five speed (five speed taps) 1/2 HP motor with a 3 speed (3 speed taps) motor.
More importantly I see the tech wired both the heat and cool lines from the controller to the black (the high speed) wire of the motor and just capped off the low and medium speed lines of the motor.
On my other furnace (with original blower) the heat line goes to the medium speed motor tap while the cool line goes to the high motor speed tap.
I am going to borrow an electronic thermometer to measure temperature rise from return to supply plenums and compare to label inside the furnace.
I guess my question is how important is getting the speed right on heat cycle? Obviously if it‚Äôs too high the air will not have as a high a temperature rise but in the grand scheme of things does this make a big difference on efficiency or comfort? I don‚Äôt know if I should consider this a major failing of the tech or just a common practice.
Cold Air Return Noise
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
lennox pulse 21 blower speed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!