I had the blower wheel and blower motor replaced 2 summers ago by a service tech (Lennox furnace with A/C). I didn't notice at the time but the tech replaced the five speed (five speed taps) 1/2 HP motor with a 3 speed (3 speed taps) motor.
More importantly I see the tech wired both the heat and cool lines from the controller to the black (the high speed) wire of the motor and just capped off the low and medium speed lines of the motor.
On my other furnace (with original blower) the heat line goes to the medium speed motor tap while the cool line goes to the high motor speed tap.
I am going to borrow an electronic thermometer to measure temperature rise from return to supply plenums and compare to label inside the furnace.
I guess my question is how important is getting the speed right on heat cycle? Obviously if it‚Äôs too high the air will not have as a high a temperature rise but in the grand scheme of things does this make a big difference on efficiency or comfort? I don‚Äôt know if I should consider this a major failing of the tech or just a common practice.
Cold Air Return Noise
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
lennox pulse 21 blower speed
- 15 Old House Features We Were Wrong to Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Total Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Top 10 Classic DIY Projects for the Outdoors
- 15 Once-Popular Household Items That Are Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 10 Wise Ways to Get Rid of Pests and Critters
- Before and After: 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- Top Tips for Keeping Countertops Like New
- 15 Amazing Things You Can Make with $0 Scrap Wood
- 14 Ways to Get More Kitchen Counter Space
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 18 Bathroom Updates You Can Do in 1 Day
- 9 Tried-and-True Methods of Eliminating Weeds
- 15 Fast Fixes for Your Home Facade
- 11 Clever Alternatives to Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers