I had the blower wheel and blower motor replaced 2 summers ago by a service tech (Lennox furnace with A/C). I didn't notice at the time but the tech replaced the five speed (five speed taps) 1/2 HP motor with a 3 speed (3 speed taps) motor.
More importantly I see the tech wired both the heat and cool lines from the controller to the black (the high speed) wire of the motor and just capped off the low and medium speed lines of the motor.
On my other furnace (with original blower) the heat line goes to the medium speed motor tap while the cool line goes to the high motor speed tap.
I am going to borrow an electronic thermometer to measure temperature rise from return to supply plenums and compare to label inside the furnace.
I guess my question is how important is getting the speed right on heat cycle? Obviously if it‚Äôs too high the air will not have as a high a temperature rise but in the grand scheme of things does this make a big difference on efficiency or comfort? I don‚Äôt know if I should consider this a major failing of the tech or just a common practice.
Cold Air Return Noise
Cold Air returns in the up stairs of my 1910 2 story...
lennox pulse 21 blower speed
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 20 Insanely Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 70 Gardening Tricks and Ideas for Beginners
- 16 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- Capitalize on Your Attic: 10 Inspirations
- 15 Once-Popular Items Now Vanishing
- 159 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 30 Things Every Adult Should Know How to Do
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 12 Garden Sheds You Could Live (or Work) In
- 10 Essentials for the Perfect Modern Bath
- 7 Easy Budget-Friendly Backyard Makeovers
- 283 Great DIY Project Ideas
- Picture-Perfect Patios: 10 Outdoor Spaces to Love
- 10 Clever Uses for Space Under Stairs
- 17 Backsplashes for a Unique Kitchen
- Assembly Required: 15 DIY Kit Homes
- 16 Ways to Use Salvaged Wood in Your Home
- 108 Easy Outdoor Living Ideas
- The Right Path: 15 Wonderful Walkway Designs
- Stay Bite-Free with 8 High-Tech Bug Zappers
- 14 Room Dividers to Organize Your Space
- 15 Easy Steps to a Dust-Free Home
- 15 Unexpected DIY Flooring Alternatives
- Perk Up Your Garden with 10 New Perennials
- DIY Organization: 10 Cheap and Easy Ideas
- 15 "Neat" Garage Storage Solutions
- 11 Creative Ways to Reuse Cardboard Boxes
- Why You Should Reconsider Aboveground Pools