simple inexpensive alarm for shed
Looking for suggetions.
Want to know what a friend of mine did??? He took his old Baby Monitor and stuck it in the shed. While he was sleeping, he heard some noises and went to investigate w/his 2 friends, Smith and Wesson. He yelled, "Come out nice and slowly, and backwards with your hands clapsed behind your head." At the same time, the cops were on their way because he saw the lock was 'busted off'. The kids came out and he made them lay face down in the dirt until the cops arrived.
Case closed! I guess if you have electricity in the shed and have some serious 'guts', you cold do it too.
Jay J -Moderator
I did check Radio Shak and might end up buying there. Most of their stuff is for inside, not very sturdy for a tool shed environment.
Another thing I had thought of is the alarm that's on my low-pressure septic system.
Thanks for the suggestions.
Anybody else? All ideas welcome.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 16 Sneaky Storage Ideas
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 9 Ways to Troubleshoot Furnace Problems (Before Calling In the Pros)
- 13 Lanterns For Your Porch, Patio, or Garden
- 5 Ways to Repurpose Old Window Screens
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Classic Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- DIY Workbenches: 5 You Can Build in a Weekend
- 7 DIY Ways to Reuse a 5-Gal Bucket
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 10 Unexpected Uses for Spray Paint
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 8 Amazing Handmade Kitchen Counters
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Knock-Your-Socks-Off Laundry Room Ideas
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 9 Totally Amazing Mobile Home Makeovers
- 5 "Make in a Weekend" Bookshelf Projects
- 9 Decorating Lessons We Learned from Social Media
- Three Ways to Find a Wall Stud (Without Fancy Equipment)
- 16 Ingenious IKEA Hacks
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!