electrical grounding for garage
Make sure that there are no other conductive paths between your garage & house, otherwise you need to add an equipment grounding conductor from the hous to the garage and treat the panel in the garage like a sub-panel by keeping the neutral & grounds separated. You'll still need 2 ground rods at the garage.
[This message has been edited by Tom O (edited October 15, 2002).]
The first, you state that the inside panel is grounded to the water line. Sadly, this location is not the service, which is where the grounding is required.
The second, you state you want to tie the wires for the garage into the outside box, below the meter. You can only do this using approved connections. You cannot install two wires under one screw (unless approved), so additional work will be required to tie in your conductors at this location.
You really should get help with this. There are alot of variables involved, and omitting any one could spell disaster for you or your loved ones.
- 15 Old House Features We Shouldn't Abandon
- 17 Tiny Bathrooms We Love
- 30 Things Everyone Should Know
- 21 Expert Choices for Fail-Safe Paint Colors
- 20 Easy 60-Minute Home Improvements
- 10 IKEA Favorites Made New with Paint
- The Tiniest Appliances You Never Knew Existed
- 133 Smart Storage Ideas for the Whole House
- 16 New Ways to Store Kitchen Necessities
- 8 Ways to Make a Small Room Look Big
- Sweet Dreams: 15 Inventive Beds You Can Make Yourself
- 10 Fall Door DIYs for the Best House on the Block
- The Cheapest Ways to Boost Home Value
- 10 New Uses for Old Doors
- 26 Easy Painted Pumpkins for Halloween
- 15 Once-Popular Home Items Now Vanishing
- 8 Unique Ways to Build Your Own Table
- Woodworking for Beginners: 10 Projects
- 7 Reasons to Reconsider Wallpaper
- 10 New Uses for Old Dressers
- 7 Upgrades You Can Do in Under 300 Seconds
- 10 Thrifty DIY Ways to Organize Your Home
- 12 "Different" Ways to Store Firewood
- 5 DIY Farm Table Projects That Will Last a Lifetime
- Beyond White: 11 Bathroom Paint Colors
- 10 DIYs for a Festive Front Door This Fall
- 10 Creative New Ways to Use Old Bottles
- The 10 Best Things to Buy Secondhand
- 16 Must-See Coffee Tables You Can DIY—Easily!